Indulge yourself with a one or two day embroidery retreat in a purpose
built classroom in a peaceful country setting in rural NSW, approx. one
hour north of Newcastle. All classes tutored by Helen Dafter, a world
recognised teacher, author and designer.
Choose from class projects or kits available or be guided by Helen and
work at your pace on your own project.
August 18th & 19th (TWO DAY CLASS) - Beginner Basics, Silk Ribbon
Embroidery for Beginners
For beginners and even those not familiar with traditional embroidery.
This is a back to basics day to teach this fascinating art and to learn
the stitches and techniques required to create a garden full of flowers
- all skill levels welcome but great for beginners.
September 22nd (ONE DAY CLASS) - Learning the Stitches
Learn the basics to silk ribbon embroidery as you create a stitch sampler
for future reference. Many flowers can be created using a minimum number
of stitches. Suitable for all skill levels.
Terms and conditions - The important stuff
you need to know!
- Two day workshops from 9.30am - 4pm for up to 8 people only, $175.00
- One day workshops from 9.30am - 4pm for up to 8 people only, $100.00
- Half day workshops from 9.00am - 1pm for up to 8 people only, $40.00
- Retreats will run with a minimum of 4 people - we reserve the right
to cancel any retreat if the minimum of students are not met.
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided as part of your
tuition fee for 1 and 2 day classes. Morning tea only for half day classes
Please advise any food allergies when making your booking.
- Basic requirements list will be emailed or posted upon payment of
- A list of affordable accomodation options in and around Bulahdelah
is available to students if required.
- Ribbons, fabrics, a wide choice of kits and basic sewing needs are
available for purchase on the day or you may choose to bring your own
sewing project, needles and sewing basics. All purchases over the course
of the retreat recieve a 10% discount.
- Classes can be tailored to individual group requirments - ie exploring
painted background and dimensional stitching, native flowers etc.